Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR CONCESSIONAIRES
1. Deliveries shall be made by noon. No vehicles, including golf carts, shall be permitted anywhere on the grounds after noon and until one hour after the conclusion of evening grandstand show.
2. Set-up times. Space and fees will be forfeited if contracted space is not filled by required times:
Outside space – 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday
Building space – 10:00 p.m. on Monday
Buildings will be open the following hours for set-up:
Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday, noon-5 p.m.
Monday, 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Teardown times: No part of your display shall be removed until teardown time.
Outside space – 8:00 p.m. Sunday
Building space – 8:00 p.m. Sunday
Buildings will be locked on Sunday evening at 11:00 p.m. and exhibits may be picked up Monday, if desired.
3. If any concession opens for business on Monday, a prorated charge will be made.
4. Exhibit buildings shall be open to the public the following hours:
Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m-10 p.m.
Sunday, noon-8 p.m.
No concessions shall open before noon
on Sunday without permission from the concessions committee.
5. Concessionaires are asked to determine and reserve the number of feet they will occupy (include trailer hitches, trailer extensions, trailer doors, overhang, etc.) Include at least five feet for tent stakes. Please check with concession locator to be spotted. Front footage used will be measured and contract adjusted accordingly.
6. A deposit of $50 per space will be due May 15, 2012. The remaining space fees are due in full by July 15, 2012. All except $25.00 of space fee will be returned if concessions committee is notified of cancellation of space prior to August 1, 2012.
7. Electrical hook-ups are priced “per hook-up.” Each trailer and stock truck must pay an electric hookup.
8. Concessionaires may not sell any item or carry on any business other than what is indicated on contract and has been approved by the concessions committee. No silly string, stink bombs, sling shots or laser guns may be sold on fairgrounds. No raffle tickets may be sold on the grounds per Section 1711.09 of the Ohio Revised Code.
9. Drawing winners’ names and name of prize(s) are to be turned in to concession office within one month after end of fair.
10. A responsible adult must be in charge of each concession space.
11. All concession space (except rented tents) and camping space is to be vacated by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday following the close of the fair. Space occupied after that date will be charged the going rental rate.
12. Rental tents are to be vacated by 9:00 a.m. on Monday following the fair.
13. All concessions will be inspected and evaluated by a representative from the Ohio Department of Agriculture and fair board directors. A license must be purchased for merchandise that ODA considers novelties.
14. All concessionaires and exhibitors are to keep their area free from debris at all times.
15. All decorations shall be installed by and at the concessionaires expense and shall be fireproof, and must be removed at fair’s end.
Concessionaires may concrete their booth floor in the machinery building at their own expense and must meet fairboard approval.
16. No extension cords may have staples around them. No flood lights may be used on light gage extension cords. No fuses larger than 20 amps in any fuse box and no wiring into any switch boxes. All electrical hook-ups shall pass all state and local electrical codes and must be removed at fair’s end. All concession trailers will have electric removed on Monday morning unless other arrangements have been made.
17. All concessionaires shall have fire extinguishers approved by the state fire marshal. These shall be operational and will be subject to inspection by the fire department.
18. All trailers shall have a ground wire attached to a ground rod. No exceptions.
19. Tents will be fireproof.
20. Fire lanes shall be maintained in all areas of the fairgrounds. All fire lanes and drives shall be kept clear until one hour after conclusion of Sunday night grandstand show.
21. Smoking will not be permitted in any of the buildings, barns or tents.
22. No tables, chairs, electrical cords, or lights (other than general lighting) will be furnished by society.
23. PA systems in buildings or tents and outside locations with permission of concessions committee only. No concessionaire will be allowed to use fairgrounds PA for announcements.
24. Concession campers on the fairgrounds must register with the concessions office for lot assignment, pay fee and receive a permit card for display in window of unit. There shall be no tent camping. Dogs must be confined to camping area.
25. Concessionaires and exhibitors shall carry their own liability insurance of at least $1,000,000 and provide a certificate or copy to the concession’s office by noon Tuesday.
26. The Hardin County Agricultural Society, officers and directors shall not be responsible for damages sustained by concessionaires from utility failure.
27. The Hardin County Agricultural Society, officers and directors shall not be responsible for any damage done by a concessionaire, his employees or agents to any person or property.
28. The Hardin County Agricultural Society, officers and directors shall not be responsible for accidents, property loss damages by fire, water, wind, storm, losses from theft, or acts of a third party.
29. Securing and maintaining all local, state and federal and other licenses, permits, etc. governing or allowing the concessionaire to participate or sell and or manufacturer his product, is the sole responsibility of the concessionaire. The state of Ohio requires all concessionaires to have a transient vendor’s license in order to sell at any Ohio event. Please call the Ohio Dept. of Taxation at 1-800-282-1782 or e-mail www.state.oh.us/tax/ to obtain infomation and the forms.
30. No person shall be permitted to make solicitations of any nature on the fairgrounds except in contracted concessions or commercial rented spaces. No person will be permitted to post or display signs, distribute handbills or advertising materials or sell or distribute free, any merchandise, except persons under contract.
31. Concession contracts are subject to cancellation by society if concessionaire is charged with any morally unacceptable behavior.
32. Concessionaire contracts are not assignable by holder without express written consent of society.
33. Any violation of the rules and regulations subjects exhibitor or concessionaire to contract cancellation without refund of any moneys advanced.
34. No dumping fryer oil – contact concessions office to obtain barrels to recycle used oil.
35. On grounds parking permits will cost $10 each, which will allow one vehicle to park on main rounds as long as room is available.
36. No animals or reptiles including iguanas shall be given away or sold at the fair.
37. NO WEAPONS – Pursuant to the Ohio revised code, no persons shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordinance on these premises. A valid license does not authorize the licensee to carry a weapon onto these premises. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.
38. NO CONCESSIONAIRE SHALL OPERATE A GAME WITH BUILD-UPS OR TRADE-UPS.
** A concessionaire is anyone with a contract for rented space.