The Hardin County Agricultural Society met Saturday at the fair office with 20 board members and several guests present.
Committee reports were:
• Executive committee – Howard Lyle, chairman
– There will be an executive meeting on Tuesday, June 17 at 6:30 p.m.
• Grounds committee – Jim Bidwell, chairman
– A recommendation from the grounds committee to raise the Community Building, Arts & Crafts building and exclusive grounds rental were approved.
The rates for the Arts and Craft building had been $150 per day and were adjusted to $200 with a $50 set up charge, said Lyle today.
The Community Building rented for $200 per day on Monday through Thursday. That rate was increased to $300 per day. Weekend rates (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) had been $300 and were increased to $500.
The rate to rent the entire grounds increased from $1,000 per day to $1,500 per day.
– A recommendation to change phone and internet providers was approved.
– Junior Fair Board office is almost completed.
– Next grounds committee meeting is Tuesday, June 17 at 7 p.m. in the fair office.
• Livestock committees:
– Sheep weigh-in will be Saturday, June 14 from 8 to 10 a.m.
– Received a Request for Treatment form from Dr. Earnest Kearns, DVM that will be used during fair.
• Rides & Concessions committee – Janie Seiler, chairman
– Have building and ground space still available for fair. If interested people will need an application filled out and sent to Hardin County Fair. The application can be found at www.hardincountyfair.org. Click on concessions for the application.
• Junior Fair Board – Nancy Rickenbacher, chairman
– Junior Fair Board members will paint their new office.
The next fair board meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. July 5 in the fair office.