Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
DEPARTMENT W – GIRL SCOUTS
Shirley Anne Green, chairman
No entry fee
No premiums paid
1. Open to all registered Hardin County Girl Scouts (K-12). Entries can be made by individuals as well as troops.
2. Girls are invited to display their projects for try-its, badges, journeys, service projects, etc. or may make a poster showing their projects. All entries must be completed in the 2011-2012 Scout year. Projects are to be no larger than 24x32x24 inches.
3. Entries are to be made on Girl Scout forms obtained from your leaders or chairman and sent to Shirley Green, Girl Scout booth, 260 W. Wayne, Dunkirk, OH, 45836 by Aug. 24. Please designate name, age, troop and program level as well as a short description of entry. Attach a 3×5 card with explanation of project and what learned from it.
4. Exhibits will be graded A-B-C according to merit and ribbons awarded. Judging will be the week before the fair. Ribbons courtesy of Hardin County Fairboard. Trophies, plaques, rosettes and medallions courtesy of Wal-Mart of Kenton. Rosettes and special participation ribbons courtesy of Ada Kiwanis.
5. Exhibits will be placed in booth between 1:00 and 6:00 P.M., Sept. 3 by chairman. Exhibits will be released at 7:00 P.M. on last day of fair. None will be released before that time as according to fair policies.
6. There will be an award ceremony to present awards to winners on Sunday, September 9, 2012, at the Community Building at 5:00 p.m. Any troops that would like to participate for songs, skits, etc., please contact Shirley Green. All trophy, plaque, rosette and medallion winners need to be present for awards program as they will be presented by the sponsors.
Class 1 – Life Skills
Class 2 – Science and Beyond
Class 3 – The Arts
Class 4 – Communications
Class 5 – Nature
Class 6 – Customs and Traditions
Class 7 – The Girl Scout Program – Theme 100 years of Girl Scouting
Class 8 – Crafts made from Girl Scout cookie boxes
Class 9 – Shoebox floats – theme 100 years of Girl Scouting