Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
JUNIOR FAIR KING AND QUEEN CONTEST
1. Contestants must be seniors attending a Hardin County high school in 2012-2013, not married, nor have been married, nor have borne a child.
2. Contestants must be a current member of one of the organizations represented by the Hardin County Junior Fair Board: FFA, FCCLA, 4-H Clubs, Grange, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, High School Art and Farm Bureau Youth
3. The county contest will be patterned after the state contest. The person selected Queen will be eligible to compete in the Ohio Fair’s Queen Contest in 2013 at the Ohio Fair Managers Convention.
4. Interviews will be held in the St. John’s United Church of Christ, corner of Carol and Wayne St., Kenton, Saturday, Sept. 1. Appropriate interview attire will be dressy (ie. dress, skirt, suit). Candidates will be interviewed according to the following schedule.
1:30 P.M. – Upper Scioto Valley
1:40 P.M. – Kenton
1:50 P.M. – Ridgemont
2:00 P.M. – Hardin Northern
2:10 P.M. – Ada
2:20 P.M. – Riverdale
2:30 P.M. – Upper Scioto Valley
2:40 P.M. – Kenton
2:50 P.M. – Ridgemont
3:00 P.M. – Hardin Northern
3:10 P.M. – Ada
3:20 P.M. – Riverdale
5. Interview scoring will be based upon the following criteria: activities, participation, leadership, achievements, initiative, poise and personality, personal appearance, self-presentation and response to interview questions.
6. The King and Queen candidates from each Hardin County High School must turn in the completed application to the Kenton Times , 201 E. Columbus St., Kenton or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 P.M., Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2011, along with a billfold size picture.
7. The King and Queen crowning will be held on the Tuesday of the fair, immediately prior to the band show at the grandstand. For this presentation, Queen candidates should wear formal dresses and King candidates should wear dress suits. The King candidate will escort the Queen candidate from each school.
NOTE: Through the courtesy of Blossom Gallery Florist, flowers will be presented to the King and Queen candidates of each school.
NOTE: Through the courtesy of Kroger Floral Dept., flowers will be presented to the 2012 Queen and to the 2011 Queen.
NOTE: Through the courtesy of Golden Giant Building System, a gift will be presented to the King.
NOTE: Through the courtesy of Goldrush Jewelers, a tiara will be presented to the 2012 Queen.
CHAD MAYS CLASSIC HORSESHOE PITCHING
September 7, 8, 9
The Hardin County Horseshoe Club is sponsoring its annual Chad Mays Classic Tournament on Sept. 7, 8, and 9 during the Hardin County Fair.
The tournament will be a 6 or 8 man class round robin cancellation game. Classes will be decided by ringer percentage, either by qualification or by league percentage. Trophies and money will be awarded to the first four places of each class.
Entry fee of $15.00 for Class A, $13.00 for Class B and $10.00 for all others and percentage should be sent to: Douglas Crawford, 4393 SR 235, Ada, Ohio 45810 by Sept. 4. Participants must also pay regular gate admission ($7.00) or purchase a season or membership ticket ($15.00). For questions, call Doug Crawford at 419-634-6105.