Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
SPECIAL JUNIOR FAIR CONSERVATION CONTEST
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Registration at 10:00 A.M.
Judging at 10:30 A.M.
The Hardin County Soil and Water Conservation District’s annual conservation project contest for Junior Fair exhibitors with conservation related projects. Sponsors of the 2011 contest included: Home Savings & Loan, Ag Credit, Liberty National Bank, Trophy Bassmasters and Pheasants Forever, Inc – Hardin Co. Chapter Rushcreek Sportsmen Club, Quest Federal Credit Union, Oates Veterinary Clinic and Hardin Soil, and Water Conservation District.
Farm Credit Services
Exhibits, presentation and interview – registration, 10 A.M.; contest begins 10:30 A.M. in the Community Building in the home demonstration area. Cash prizes will be awarded to at least the top three (3) participants in each class. Judged on oral presentation, project knowledge, completion and organization.
Class 1– Beginners, age 8-10
Class 2 – Intermediate, age 11-13
Class 3 – Advanced, age 14-19
1. Contest is open to all Hardin County 4-H or FFA members who exhibit their conservation projects at the Hardin County Junior Fair.
2. Eligible 4-H projects: Let’s Explore the Outdoors I & II, Ohio Birds, Fishing, Tree Planting and Archery. Note: Self-Determined and FFA SAE projects must be approved by the Soil and Water District office: topics must be submitted by August 1, 2012.
3. Required to give a 5-minute oral presentation on project.
4. Committee reserves the right to withhold any or all prizes if project deemed unworthy.
5. Not allowed to enter the same project more than one year.
6. Limit one entry per participant.