Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
SHOWMAN OF SHOWMEN CONTEST
Saturday, Sept. 8, 8:00 P.M.
1. All Senior Showmanship Division winners in Junior Fair Beef, Dairy Beef Feeders, Dairy Beef Steers, Dairy Cattle, Goat, Horse and Pony, Poultry, Rabbits, Sheep and Swine Departments are eligible to compete. Department Superintendent and committee will determine how their senior age participant is selected.
2. Dress for the contest should reflect proper and appropriate show ring apparel for the specific species represented. Hardin County Fair Livestock Grooming Rules apply to all species.
3. Should one contestant have won two Senior Showmanship Divisions, they must decide which specie they choose to represent with the runner-up in the other division taking their place.
4. Should someone be unable to participate, the runner-up will show. It is the responsibility of the winner to notify the runner-up of their opportunity.
5. The contest participant will provide their animal for the competition.
6. Contestants will be asked to rotate to different species every three minutes.
7. Each judge will rate the participants on a scale of one (1) to ten (10), with ten being the best. The highest cumulative score will win the contest.
8. Calculating the deviation in the contestant’s scores will break a tie. The highest score will be subtracted from the lowest score, yielding the deviation in the contestant’s scores. If a tie still exists, nine questions, one each of species in the event, will be asked to the contestants who are tied to determine the winner.
9. A suitable representative or representatives chosen by the Hardin County Agricultural Education Instructors will judge each division.
10. An exhibitor may only win the Showman of Showmen contest one time during their Junior Fair career.
Premiums sponsored by Wingfield Crop Insurance
1st Place – Director Chair & $100.00
2nd Place – $90.00
3rd Place – $80.00
4th Place – $70.00
5th Place – $60.00
6th — 10th Place – $30.00
The North Central Ohio Solid Waste District, Hardin/Allen counties will be sponsoring an award for the showmanship winner in the following classes:
Junior Fair Beef, Dairy Beef Feeder, Dairy Beef Steer, Dairy Cattle, Goats, Horse and Pony, Poultry, Rabbits, Sheep and Swine.
This award will be an embroidered recycled blanket, made from two liter bottles and will be presented at the Showman of Showman contest on Saturday evening.
The winner chosen from the above classes will be awarded a recycled glass award for their championship efforts.