The Hardin County Agricultural Society met Saturday at the fair office with 18 board members and several guests present.
Committee reports were:
• Executive committee:
– Janie Seiler moved to approve the annual report, seconded by Paul Rickenbacher, motion carried.
– Charlie McCullough moved to change the September meeting to Aug. 30 due to the fair, seconded by Jeff Madison, motion carried.
– Employee bonuses and director pay were handed out.
• Grounds committee:
– Paul Ralston moved to approve the recommendation from the grounds committee to sell the lawn mower at the consignment sale, seconded by Mark Garmon, motion carried.
– McCullough moved to purchase a John Deere 930 lawn mower, seconded by Ralston, motion carried.
– Next grounds committee meeting is Monday, Jan. 13 at 7 p.m. in the fair office.
• Entertainment committee:
– Don Spar moved to allow the entertainment committee to negotiate a price and sign a contract with Nashville Crush at OFMA Convention, seconded by Ralston, motion carried.
– The contract with Bear Hollow Wood Carvers will be signed at OFMA Convention.
– The committee has received three bids for the demolition derby for the 2014 fair. It will meet on Monday, Jan. 13 at 6:30 p.m. to review them.
• Livestock committees:
– Steer tagging was Saturday, Jan. 4 and 42 beef and 22 dairy steers were tagged.
– A committee was formed to review the general rules.
• Rides and Concessions committee:
– Will start on contracts this month.
• Junior Fair Board:
Members have been selected for next year and eight of them will be attending the OFMA Convention.
– Hardin County Fair Queen Sarah Heilman will be competing at the OFMA Convention.
• New business:
– Jim Bidwell moved to allow Nancy Motter to pay all the convention bills, seconded by Mike Kleman, motion carried.
The next fair board meeting will be Feb. 1 at 7:30 p.m. in the fair office.