Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
ADA – Four Ada High School Hardin Youth Leadership students were on hand at the Ada school board’s regular meeting Thursday night to present their experiences at the program’s graduation at Ohio Northern Universtiy on April 12.
Saed Al-Olimat, Hattie Dearth, Matt Wilcox and Josh Lehsten had a PowerPoint presentation prepared with pictures from the event, as well as a few things they learned, such as active listening, public speaking, ethics and leadership styles. The group also discussed different team-building exercises they all took part in.
Annabel Pinkney and Katelyn Guagenti were also involved in the leadership program, but were unable to attend the meeting.
The board also heard from Greg Bukowski, treasurer at Apollo Career Center in Lima, who addressed the board on Apollo’s Ohio School Facility project.
Ada High School assistant principal and technology coordinator Ben Thaxton presented a video made by Mike Styer, Washington, D.C., trip coordinator, which included pictures from the recent trip to the nation’s capital.
In other council action:
– Approved the issuance of the following contracts for certified employees for the 2012-2013 school year: continuing contract – Heather Patrick; two-year contracts ≠ David Allen, Lindsey Brinkman, Julie Butterfield, Sarah Hlasko, Micah Fell, Suzanne Hardesty, Bridgette Jones, Christine Smishko, Susan Stuart, Melody Veltri; one-year contracts Abigail Glenn and Chanda Smith.
– Approved the issuance of the following contracts for classified employees for the 2012-2013 school year: one-year contracts – Jeffrey Castle (part-time) and Andrea Pifer; three-year contracts – Ann Hersey and Mike Lenhart.
– Approved the following supplemental contracts for the 2012-2013 school year: David Allen, athletic director; Mike Badertscher, head golf coach; Cindy Boehm, second grade level chairperson; Christina Bowden, ALPDC committee member; Tracy Breidenbach, junior high basketball cheer advisor; Sarah Bucher, co-yearbook advisor; Shawn Christopher, ninth grade boys basketball coach and assistant varsity football coach;
Also, Martin Clum, head girls soccer coach; Annette Cogar, special-ed representative; Frank Crea, assistant varsity football coach and assistant physical conditioning coach; D. Lyn Davis, foreign language club advisor, foreign language department chair, National Honor Society advisor and ALPDC committee member; Neal Dumbaugh, head girls basketball coach; Dan Evans, assistant varsity football coach;
Also, William Faine, volunteer basketball assistant coach; Micah Fell, head varsity football coach, head physical conditioning coach and eighth grade girls basketball coach; Abigail Glenn, vocal music director, co-varsity singers director and musical director; Margaret Gordon, drama club advisor; Greg Grimslid, junior high football coach; Keith Gudakunst, Camp Wilson advisor; Suzanne Hardesty, TAG coordinator;
Also, Sarah Hlasko, first grade level chairperson; Sheila Hughes, special-ed chair; Ken Jochims, social studies department chair; Kurt Klingler, co-yearbook advisor and life skills department chair; Jonathon Lischak, instrumental director, pep band director, varsity singers band director, musical director, co-varsity singers director and junior class advisor; Julie Ludanyi, math department chairperson; David Lusk, science department chairperson and high school quiz bowl advisor;
Also, Patrick Massara, head boys soccer coach; Brandon Nickles, head varsity wrestling coach; Deborah Poling, Title 1 chairperson; Erinn Prater, guidance department chairperson; Julie Recker, Dogbone advisor and junior class advisor; Kristie Reichert, ALPDC committee chairperson; Donald Robey, volunteer cross country coach; Jennifer Rope, fifth grade level chairperson; Teri Salyer, ALPDC committee chairperson;
Also, Chris Sautter, head boys basketball coach; Amy Schoffner, majorette-flag corps advisor; Alayne Schrock, Junior Beta Club advisor; Ryan Siefring, head swim coach; Kim Smittle, kindergarten grade level chairperson; Jacque Sperling, elementary specials chairperson; Susan Stuart, co fourth grade level chairperson; Mike Styer, Washington, D.C. trip coordinator; Rob Underwood, ALPDC committee chairperson;
Also, Melody Veltri, senior class advisor and English department chairperson; Robert Walter, junior high football coach; Gary Wells, junior high quiz bowl and fine arts department chairperson; Michael Willeke, junior varsity girls basketball coach; Lori Wilson, elementary music director and Todd Wyss, seventh grade girls basketball coach.
– Approved the following extended service contracts for the 2012-2013 school year: David Allen, athletic director, 10 days; Tracy Breidenbach, K-8 guidance counselor, 10 days; Tony Dyer, vocational agriculture instructor, 55 days; Abigail Glenn, vocal music director, five days; Ann Hersey, cafeteria manager, 10 days; Jonathan Lischak, instrumental music director, 20 days; Erinn Prater, 9-12 guidance counselor, 20 days; Chanda Smith, high school librarian, 10 days and Gary Wells, high school art instructor, two days.
– Approved a stipend to Kathy Maris as E.M.I.S. coordinator for the 2012-2013 school year.
– Approved the following for summer student custodial help for the summer of 2012: Michael Allen, Ethan Collins, Jason Hibbard, Danielle Hannah, Robert Guyton, Ben Garmon and Austin Weber.
– Approved the non-renewal of the following educational aides at the close of the 2011-2012 school year: Mary Garver, Valerie Hall, Janelle Hoschak and Amy Stover.
– Approved Dave Lusk as a volunteer driver for the 2011-2012 school year.
– Approved the resignation of Cotta Daniels, first grade teacher, effective May 31, 2012.
– Approved the county service agreement with the Hardin County Educational Service Center for the 2012-2013 school year.
The next regular board meeting will be at 7 p.m., Thursday May 17.
By TY THAXTON
Times staff writer