The Hardin County Agricultural Society met Saturday at the fair office with 16 board members and several guests present.
Phil Lowe, Hardin County Tractor Pullers, informed the fair board that if we need any extra help at the gates they will get us some help.
Kerry McCullough was present to ask the fair board to change rule No. 43 and a good discussion was held.
Mark Light, Hardin County Extension Educator, is setting up for the 4-H activities is the Goshen barn and will need six picnic tables.
Mark Badertscher, Hardin County Ag. Extension sent out letters for the carcass show and the commodity groups will each give $50 to sponsor the show.
Committee reports were:
• Executive committee – Howard Lyle, chairman
– Ray Davis moved to purchase 4 hogs to make whole hog sausage to sell, motion carried.
– Janie Seiler moved to purchase 1 steer for employees.
– Don Spar moved to spend up to $500 for the Junior Fair Livestock Sale.
• Grounds committee – Jim Bidwell, chairman
– Ray Davis moved to leave the Race Horse Barn rent the same, motion carried.
– The ribbon cutting ceremony for the grandstand will be held at opening ceremonies which has been moved from the gazebo to the grandstand. Veterans will do the flag raising and Bill Hart will read a proclamation.
– Don Spar moved to accept the recommendation from the grounds committee to purchase new scales, motion carried.
– Bob McBride moved to purchase 3 racks for the rabbit barn, motion carried.
– McBride moved to replace the wooden supports for the grandstand benches with metal brackets, motion carried.
– Arts and Crafts building tear down will be on Wednesday, Sept. 11 at 7 p.m.
• Camping committee – Howard Lyle, chairman
– Laid out 10 camping lots for primitive camping.
– Row markers were moved so all rows are even.
• Entertainment committee – Mike Kleman, chairman
– Bear Hollow Wood Carvers schedule has changed. They will be here on Wednesday, Sept. 4 – 2 shows, Thursday, Sept. 5 – 4 shows, Friday, Sept. 6 – 2 shows and Saturday, Sept. 7 – 4 shows.
• Rides & Concessions committee – Janie Seiler, chairman
– Have ground space still available.
• Junior Fair Board – Nancy Rickenbacher, chairman
– Jr. Fair Board will take Westview kindergarten a tour of the livestock barns and 4-H activity area on Thursday.
The next fair board meeting will be Oct. 5 at 7:30 p.m. in the fair office..