Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
The Hardin County Agricultural Society met Saturday, Aug. 3 at the fair office with 14 board members and several guests present.
Mark Badertscher, Hardin County Ag Extension Agent, will be sending out letters for sponsorship of the carcass show.
Mark Light, 4-H Educator, received a grant for a Commodity Carnival. Hardin County is one of eight counties to get this educational display on how to raise livestock. The Hardin Community Foundation Grant will be used for an educational display for second graders and younger. 4-H Council is sponsoring a 4-H demonstration on Sunday, Sept. 8 from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Community Building homemaker area. The 4-H Council would like to donate a tree in memory of a 50-year volunteer, Bob McBride.
The minutes of last meeting were reviewed; Mike Kleman moved to accept the minutes, seconded by Jeff Madison, motion carried.
Financial reports were reviewed; Paul Ralston moved to accept the financials, seconded by Mike Kleman, motion carried.
Bills were presented to pay Ray Davis moved to pay the bills, seconded by Tom King, motion carried.
Committee reports were:
• Executive committee – Howard Lyle, chairman
– Season and membership tickets will go on sale Monday, Aug. 5.
– Work day will be Saturday, Aug. 24 at 9 a.m.
– The appreciation night program will be on Sunday, Sept. 22 at 6 p.m.
• Grounds committee – Jim Bidwell, chairman
– We have started putting reserved seats back in the grandstand.
– The repairs for the northwest corner of the grandstand that was damaged during a storm has been completed.
– The 4-H horse barns new stalls are all installed and just need to do some stone work.
– The posse building has two potholes on the south side entrance that need fixed.
– The next grounds committee meeting is Monday, Aug. 12 at 7 p.m. in the fair office.
• Camping committee – Howard Lyle, chairman
– Will mark out camp lots on Aug. 29.
• Entertainment committee – Mike Kleman, chairman
– Will hold the wood carving auction at the Gazebo on Sunday, Sept. 8 at 1 p.m.
– Kerry James moved to offer reserved seating at $8/reserved seat for the Rodeo and Demolition Derby, seconded by Mike Kleman, motion carried.
• Livestock committees:
– Rabbit tattooing will be Saturday, Aug. 10 from 9 to 11 a.m.
• Rides and Concessions committee – Janie Seiler, chairman
– All the building space is rented but ground space is still available.
• Junior Fair Board – Nancy Rickenbacher, chairman
– Livestock department assignments were handed out to the directors.
• Other Committees:
– EMT meeting will be on Wednesday, Aug. 21 at 6:30 p.m. in the grange restaurant and will set-up the Arts and Craft Building following the meeting.
• New business:
– Fair and Secretary office will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. starting Aug. 5.
The next fair board meeting will be Aug. 31 at 7:30 p.m. in the fair office.