Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
MOUNT BLANCHARD — Volunteers will help remedy flooding issues at the ball diamond near the new parking lot at Riverdale.
“The first base line has always been pretty wet,” school board member Nelson Shultis said during Monday night’s Riverdale Local Schools Board of Education meeting. “We got someone to volunteer to tile. … We are going to wait until after the season.”
Riverdale will thank all its district volunteers during a get-together from 5-8 p.m. Thursday.
“We have certificates,” Superintendent Eric Hoffman said. “The menu is baked beans, two desserts, chips, hot dogs, brats and fruit drink.
“If the weather is (windy like Monday), we might move it to the cafeteria,” he added. “It might be windy and rainy. There’s a 50 percent chance of nice weather.”
In other business, the board authorized Well at Work and Occupational Health, both of Findlay, Job Care in Upper Sandusky and Occupational Health in Kenton to do bus physicals for the 2012-13 school year.
“In the past, the counties always did this for us, but both counties can’t afford to do it anymore so they were going to charge like $75 per physical,” Hoffman said.
After recognizing Employee of the Month Norma Herzog, High School Student of the Month Karen Wise, Middle School Student of the Month Alli Rader and Elementary Students of the Month Devi Harbor and Cameron Altvater, the board approved the following:
– Personal request leave for Oleta Kin, May 21.
– Certified contracts for junior high special education teacher Kyle Weisenburger and high school guidance counselor Michelle Cundiff for the 2012-13 school year pending completion of all state and local requirements.
– Classified two-year contracts for bus drivers Mark Johnston, Carl Kissling and Cindy Wenzinger and a continuing contracts for custodian Michael McKee for the 2012-13 school year pending all state and local requirements are met.
– Supplemental contracts for head boys basketball coach Matt McCullough and head girls basketball coach Maryann Holderman for the 2012-13 school year pending completion of all state and local requirements.
– A pupil activity contract with head wrestling coach Duane Brodman.
– The Student Handbook for grades 6 through 12 for the 2012-13 school year.
– Several board policies.
– A contract with Purmort Brothers Insurance to provide student accident insurance for the district for the 2012-13 school year.
– Membership with the Hancock County Alternative Opportunity Center for the 2012-13 school year as needed.
– Additional maternity leave days for Kelly McCloud through the end of the 2011-12 school year.
– Overnight FFA trips to Columbus for the State FFA Conventon from May 3-4, FFA Camp in Muskingum from June 4-8 and an FFA officer retreat (dates and locations to be announced) at no cost to the board.
The board will hold its next meeting May 14 in the main school building.
The meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. or at the conclusion of the awards assembly.
By CHANDA NEELY
Times news bureau