Mark Watkins was elected 2014 president of the Kenton Board of Education at its reorganizational meeting Monday night. Russ Blue was selected vice president.
The board set its meetings for the third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at the board office in the administration building.
A service fund of $1,467 (75 cents per pupil) was established for board member expenses for inservice meetings and other business.
Treasurer Tracy Hiller was authorized to request advance draws of tax settlements up to $600,000 each and to invest interim and inactive funds as deemed appropriate.
Superintendent Jennifer Penczarski was designated as purchasing agent with a maximum allowable single purchase amount of $25,000.
The board authorized the cafeteria manager, maintenance supervisor, technology supervisor and transportation supervisor to purchase supplies and materials up to a maximum of $2,500 per order.
Penczarski was named Title IX Compliance Officer (sexual discrimination), Title VI Coordinator (race, color and national origin) and Section 504 Coordinator (handicap).
Committees appointed by Watkins are as follows:
• Audit/Finance – Penczar-ski, Hiller, Dave Haushalter and Watkins.
• Facilities/Transportation – Tom Brim, Blue.
• Personnel – Brim, Mark McCullough.
• Curriculum/Instruction – Haushalter, Blue.
• Business and Education Council – Haushalter.
• Cafeteria – Blue, McCullough.
• Co-Curricular Music/-Athletics – McCullough, Watkins.
• Ohio School Boards Association Legislative Liaison – Haushalter.
• Parks and Recreation Board – Blue, Penczarski.
• R.E. Allen Scholarship – Brim.
• Records Commission – Penczarski, Hiller, Watkins.
• Policy – Blue, Haushalter.
By TIM THOMAS