Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
MOUNT BLANCHARD — The Riverdale Board of Education approved a reduction in force resolution for two teachers at its meeting Monday night.
The board reduced the full time Spanish teacher position of Jaclyn Rothenbuhler to 3/4 time and the physical education position of Jeff Young to half time.
Young will take on a half time position as principal of Riverdale’s Emotionally Disturbed unit, said Treasurer Jodie Ribley.
The board approved a $281,259 contract with the Hardin County Educational Service Center for Early Childhood, ED/Behavior Intervention and SWSD services, along with OASIS for the 2012-2013 school year.
In other action, the board:
– Recognized students of the month Kylie Cole, high school; Makenzie Johnson, middle school and Alison Donaugh and Hunter Evans, elementary. Eric Sudlow was honored as employee of the month.
– Approved volunteers Andrea Stanley, Katie Gault, Rachel Kleman, Abbey Bailey.
– Approved a one-year contract for Kristie Thacker as a fifth grade teacher.
– Adopted a one-year contract for Alexander Shumaker as middle school guidance counselor.
– Approved the following supplemental contracts for advisors: Cindy Kear, National Honor Society (2011-2012), and for 2012-2013, Katie Wheeler, music director and high school fall musical; Charlotte Dodge, elementary music; Jon Hayfield, senior class; Jackie Rothenbuhler, junior class and high school student council; Brett Farmer, sophomore class; Kari Weisenburger, freshman class; Kandi Clark, junior high student council; Michelle Cundiff, RSAADA and National Honor Society; Mike Avery, yearbook; Melissa Yingling, high school spring play; Mark Ruggles, high school quiz bowl.
– Approved the contract with the Assistive Technology Center at a cost of $900.
– OK’d membership in the Ohio High School Athletic Association for the 2012-2013 school year.
– Approved the Athletic Handbook, Riverdale Band Handbook, Riverdale Soundsation Handbook, Junior High/High School Student Handbook, Elementary Handbook and Riverdale Cheerleader Handbook for the 2012-2013 school year.
– Approved membership with the Northwest Ohio Educational Research Council at a cost of $200.
– Approved the list of Riverdale High School graduates.
– OK’d Phelan Insurance to provide the school district with building, fleet and liability insurance at a cost of $30,985.
– Approved Rarey-Roth to provide technology support for the 2012-2013 year at a cost of $5,040.
– Voted to allow the cheerleaders to hold a Choreography Camp on June 8-11 in the auxiliary gym.
– Agreed to let the Riverdale Pony League and Softball community teams to use the baseball and softball fields in May, June and July for games and practices.
The next board meeting will be at 6 p.m. Monday, June 18.
By the Times staff