Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
The Hardin County Agricultural Society met Saturday, Aug. 4 at the fair office with 14 board members and several guests present.
Marty Skeens, Hardin Northern Music Boosters, asked if we will be doing the Senior Citizen Meal tickets again this year. The fair board will be giving senior citizen gift bags instead of meal tickets. Marty also informed the board of some repairs that need done in the Hardin Northern Restaurant.
Mark Light, Hardin County 4-H coordinator, asked the board for paint for the 4-H booths. There will be a sample horse stall for the 4-H horse barn displayed at the fair. There was a new online scheduling program used for judging and livestock interviews this year that worked out great. Mark Light is also helping Kenton City Schools get educational activities for Friday of the fair.
Ed Elliott, Hardin County Commissioner asked the board what the status is for grandstand repairs. The fair board will get quotes to re-seal the grandstands after the fair.
Committee reports were:
• Executive committee – Janie Seiler, chairman
– Membership and season tickets were handed out to directors to be delivered to local businesses. Ticket sales start Aug 6.
• Grounds committee – Jim Bidwell, chairman
– The Merchant and 4-H building roofs have been painted.
– Fixed a water leak by the 4-H building.
– Saw dust from the show arena has been removed and new will be brought in this week.
– Water, sewer and gas lines will be run this week to the new Pork Producers building.
– Dirt around the new Posse building will be graded and grass seed planted.
– The next grounds committee meeting will be Tuesday, Aug. 14 at 7:30 pm.
• Entertainment committee – Mike Kleman, chairman
– Working on sponsorship for the OSTPA Truck and Tractor Pull.
• Livestock committees:
– Discussed the swine influenza affecting other fairs. The fair board will have hand sanitizers in the swine barn and check with Dr. Earnest Kearns on other precautions that can be used.
– Rabbit tattooing will be Saturday, Aug. 11 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the rabbit barn.
– Chicken pullorum testing will be Aug. 14 from 6 to 7 p.m. at Diamond-M Vet Clinic.
• Rides and Concessions committee – Janie Seiler, chairman
– There will not be an arcade at the fair this year.
• Junior Fair Board – Nancy Rickenbacher, chairman
– A list of Jr. Fair Board committees was handed out to the directors.
• Other committees:
– Hour of Inspiration Speaker will be Jim Taylor.
– EMT meeting will be Wednesday, Aug. 22 at 6:30 p.m.
– Fair work day will be Saturday, Aug. 25 at 9 a.m.
• New business:
– Fair office will be open Monday-Friday starting Aug. 6 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Next fair board meeting will be Saturday, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. in the fair office.